Parsons is the premier choice for world-class aviation design, engineering, and construction services . More than 450 airports in 40 countries have counted on us to plan, construct, enhance, and sustain their landside and airside infrastructure-totaling more than $175 billion in construction value. We have worked on some of the largest International airports around the world!
Parsons is now hiring an Inspector for our rapidly expanding aviation team located in Seattle, WA.
In this role, you will perform difficult and sometimes complex inspection tasks as well as inspect various facets of work on the construction site and perform continuous surveillance of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Inspection activities are usually concentrated in one of the following areas: soils, concrete, mechanical, or electrical. Willingness to travel and/or to relocate to field sites is expected.Responsibilities:
Conducts tests to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following:
- Performs civil and structural tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines and grades surveys, bolt torques, and concrete coring.
- Performs destructive and nondestructive tests on metals and other materials through magnaflex, dye-penetrant, radiographic, tension and compression, paint thickness, and resistivity.
- Performs surveillance of underground piping to ensure tightness, bedding, and grade.
- Inspects and monitors piling installation to ensure location and bearing.
- Validates piping systems, including P&ID checks and hydraulic or other pressure tests.
- Inspects electrical installations to ensure proper grounding, circuit integrity, and adherence to statutory and customer regulations.
- Performs continuing inspection of painting and insulation to ensure thickness and coverage continuity.
- Provides general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Verifies equipment alignment and balancing operations.
- Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
- May administer welder qualification tests.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 2-year degree in a technical discipline or construction-related field, or a high school diploma and equivalent work experience, is required. Also
- Requires 5 to 8 years of related experience on heavy construction projects, as well as formal certification from an independent organization, depending on type of inspection assignment.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction-related processes related to area of assignment.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today. Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Associated topics: examiner, health, inspection, inspector, inspector surveyor, instrument, land, rpls, safety, surveyor